In part 4 of our Advent series “Believe” we are super excited that we get to record together in person! We talk about what it means to believe and hold on to God’s promises even in dark times and we reflect on Mary’s “fiat”.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – In thanksgiving and gratitude to God for my 15th anniversary of my vows and being able to spend it with Heather and Michelle.
- Michelle’s One Thing – Our listeners who are missionaries! Thank you for being obedient!
- Heather’s One Thing – Soup!
Here’s the recipe for Heather’s Potato Soup
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
3-4 cloves garlic
1 small onion chopped fine
6 medium potatoes washed, unpeeled, and diced medium
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups milk
half pound of bacon diced and cooked till crispy
salt, pepper, paprika to taste
1tbsp or more of chicken Bouillon paste for additional flavor at the end
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large pot over medium heat
- add garlic and onion and sauté
- after about 2-3 minutes sprinkle in all the flour and stir
- cook for about 2 minutes
- slowly add milk and whisk while you add it
- Add chicken stock
- Add diced potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika
- Bring to a boil, stirring regularly
- put on lid and simmer on low, stirring regularly
- When everything thickens either puree soup with hand blender or partially mash potatoes in the pot with masher.
- If it needs more flavor, add chicken bouillon paste and mix through
- Add crispy bacon
- serve with yummy bread 🙂